Hey y’all and welcome to Sewspire! Today I am here to show you how to sew my Peachy Keen Tote.
For this project you will need a handful of assorted fat quarters, cork, batting and Pellon. Begin by precutting the following pieces of material and interfacing:
(2) 12” x 15” cotton / batting panels for the exterior top
(2) 6” x 15” cork, leather or vinyl panels for the base
(2) 15” x 17” cotton / batting panels for the interior
(2) 9” x 15” cotton panels for the pocket
(1) 2” x 12” cotton strip for the button tab closure
(1) 40” x 6” twill strip for the handles or (2) 20” x 6” strips for the handles lined with a 3” strip of Pellon 808 or 809.
Plus 1 button and 4 bag feet
I hope you enjoy the project and will share photos with us on the Closed Group Facebook Page:
I will be back next week with another inspired sewing project. Until then, you know, the creative genius in me will be celebrating the creative genius in you!
P.S. If you are enjoying the content I have created to date — you may want to consider becoming a Sewspire Patron so you can scoop up all the cumulative Patron benefits at the ultra low rate of $5 per month. Once we reach 100 Patrons I will be closing the $5 Tier. Anyone who joins at the $5 Tier will be considered a Founding Creative Genius and can pay that rate for the life of their patronage while still receiving all future benefits. More details available by clicking the link below.